Minimum 2:1 (or equivalent).
Expressions of interest should normally be accompanied by an up-to-date CV.
Months of entry
The Centre for Electronic Imaging and the Space Instrumentation Group at The Open University have been involved in several Cube Satellite initiatives over recent years. The CEI provided a flight-imaging instrument for UKube-1 which is returning data from orbit, and we are currently in the process of developing a second instrument for AlSat-Nano. We have also performed studies into possible technology and missions for CubeSats both to evaluate new technology, and perform science measurements in space. The Cube satellite research studentship would span a range of activities from development of concepts, to build and design of hardware, and analysis of flight data.
- Development of an X-ray camera for the OGRE sounding rocket
- Development of an imaging camera for UKube-1
- Investigation of electron multiplying CCD technology for space astronomy
- Radiation damage in scientific sensors for space
- Development of CMOS imager for the JANUS camera on JUICE
Fees and funding
Please see The Open University website
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time72 months
- full time48 months
- full time15 months
- part time24 months
Course contact details
- Administrative support
- +44 (0)1908 858253