The MSc in Applied Accounting is for students who have passed at least three ACCA Professional Level Papers or have successfully completed:
- Institute Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland
Students may be granted a conditional offer for the course if they are awaiting results from their professional paper examinations, subject to the admission requirements of the programme.
This course attracts students from a wide range of backgrounds and nationalities. Applications are welcome from those in work and seeking continuing professional development.
Entry will also be subject to two satisfactory references (one of these must be an academic reference).
Months of entry
The MSc Applied Accounting is a cost effective, part - time, distance learning master's degree. It has been specifically developed for ACCA students who have completed three or more ACCA Strategic Professional Papers or those that have successfully completed all the professional papers required for membership of one of the UK accounting bodies. You have the flexiblity to fit your learning around your work and home commitments.
Graduates of this master’s course will gain technical and transferable skills which apply across the globe. Your Advanced Accounting and Finance project provides you with an opportunity to research an area of interest for your organisation. This is a global course which attracts a diverse and truly international student body and also provides opportunities to network with other students.
- Study online - You can study from wherever you are in the world giving you the flexibility of learning in your own time. You can determine when and where to study to fit the master’s degree in with your other work and home commitments. Oxford Brookes is well known for online learning with our MBA being ranked 5th globally in the QS Distance Online MBA rankings 2016.
- Affordable master’s - You benefit from an affordable master’s programme from an internationally recognised university. You will undertake an Advanced Accounting and Finance project to develop knowledge and expertise in accounting. During this project you can focus on a specific challenge or area of interest for your organisation.
- Credit for you professional studies - This master’s course is designed for professional accountants. You will gain admission with credit for your professional papers. (See Entry Requirements)
- Employability - This course helps you develop both academically and professionally. It offers an opportunity to create global business links with fellow students, teaching staff and professionals. There are online resources to support careers and employment including a job search site which has resources such as online tutorials, bitesize videos, an interview simulator, and links to useful websites.
- International approach - It’s a global programme and you will gain technical and transferable skills which apply across the globe and meet international accounting standards. Oxford Brookes attracts a wide and diverse international student body.
- Teaching and learning - We have a track record of excellence in teaching, learning and research and our Business School received the top award from the Higher Education Funding council for England to become a Centre of Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Business School Enquiries
- +44 (0)1865 485858