Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- You should have a UK or overseas degree from a recognised institution or equivalent professional or other qualification.
- You must hold professional registration with the relevant Nursing or Allied Health Professional Body in the UK.
- You will normally have a minimum of 12 months post-registration experience in a relevant clinical area.
- You should be working in a relevant clinical environment in which you can achieve the clinical skills required.
- You should have access to an appropriate practice supervisor within that area.
- You should have the support of your line manager
- You will need to have a British Council IELTS: overall score of level 7 or above if English is not your first language.
- This course is not available to students classed as International for fees purposes.
Months of entry
Our Postgraduate Certificate in Acute Care of the Older Person with Frailty enables UK registered healthcare professionals to achieve professional development and experience in this specialist area.
You will develop your knowledge, skills and understanding of care relating to the management of older patients with frailty through:
- evaluation of care.
Older patients with frailty often have complex care needs. You will develop your critical understanding of acute care of the older person with frailty. And by applying evidence based practice, you'll learn to deliver the best outcome of care for the patient and their family
Relevant, national and international research and evidence based literature informs the course content. Our lecturers are experienced in their specialist practice areas. And maintain excellent practice links with those areas locally or across the region.
Information for international students
In addition to the academic entry qualifications, if your first language is not English you must demonstrate that your level of English is appropriate for study at postgraduate level. An IELTS overall score of 7.0 is required for this course.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 1865 484848