- You should have a UK or overseas degree from a recognised institution or equivalent professional or other qualification.
- You must hold professional registration with the relevant Nursing or Allied Health Professional Body in the UK.
- You will normally have a minimum of 12 months post-registration experience in an adult intensive care environment.
- You should be working in a relevant clinical environment in which they can achieve the clinical skills required.
- You should have access to an appropriate practice supervisor within that area
- You will need to have secured the support of their line manager
- You should have British Council IELTS: overall score of level 7 or above, if English is not your first language
- This course is not available to students classed as International for fees purposes.
Months of entry
Our Postgraduate Certificate in Adult Intensive Care Practice enables UK registered healthcare professionals to achieve professional development and gain experience in this specialist area.
Our course covers the management of critically ill patients with complex care needs being cared for in an intensive care environment.
You will develop your critical understanding of adult intensive care practice. By applying evidence based practice, you will deliver the best outcome of care for the patient and their family. You will have the opportunity to develop your:
- skills and understanding of assessment
- planning, delivery and evaluation of care.
We place importance on your experience within the educational process, from both a personal and professional perspective.
Relevant national and international research and evidence based literature informs course content. This helps you expand the breadth of your studies and develop a depth of critical analysis and evaluation of practice.
Successful completion of this course will allow you to achieve the Postgraduate Certificate in Adult Intensive Care Practice worth 60 CATS credits at Level 7.
Information for international students
In addition to the stated entry qualifications, if your first language is not English you must be able to demonstrate that your level of English is appropriate for study at postgraduate level. An IELTS overall score of 7.0 is required for this course.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 1865 484848