- You should have a UK or overseas degree from a recognised institution or equivalent professional or other qualification.
- You must hold professional registration with the relevant Nursing or Allied Health Professional Body in the UK.
- You will normally have a minimum of 12 months post-registration experience in an adult intensive care environment.
- You should be working in a relevant clinical environment in which they can achieve the clinical skills required.
- You should have access to an appropriate practice supervisor within that area
Months of entry
The Postgraduate Certificate in Adult Intensive Care Practice enables UK registered healthcare professionals to achieve professional development and gain experience in this specialist area.
You will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge, skills and understanding of assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care. This will be relevant to the management of critically ill patients with complex care needs being cared for in an intensive care environment.
Successful completion of this course will allow you to achieve the Postgraduate Certificate in Adult Intensive Care Practice worth 60 CATS credits at Level 7.
Information for international students
In addition to the stated entry qualifications, if your first language is not English you must be able to demonstrate that your level of English is appropriate for study at postgraduate level. An IELTS overall score of 7.0 is required for this course.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Programme Administrator
- +44 (0)1865 483017