- You should have a UK or overseas degree from a recognised institution or equivalent professional or other qualification.
- You must hold professional registration with the relevant Nursing or Allied Health Professional Body in the UK.
- You will normally have a minimum of 12 months post-registration experience in a neonatal care environment.
- You should be working in a relevant clinical environment in which you can achieve the clinical skills required, ideally working in a Level 2 or Level 3 Newborn Intensive Care Unit.
- You should have access to an appropriate practice supervisor within that area.
- You will need to have secured the support of your line manager.
Months of entry
The Postgraduate Certificate in Neonatal Practice enables UK registered healthcare professionals to achieve professional development and gain experience in this specialist area.
You will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge, skills and understanding of assessment, planning and delivery of care. You will also develop your ability to evaluate the management of critically ill newborns with complex care needs being cared for in a neonatal care environment.
Information for international students
Unfortunately, this course is not available to students classed as International for fees purposes.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Programme Administrator
- +44 (0)1865 483017