You should normally hold at least a second class honours bachelors degree, or equivalent, in a subject containing a computing or IT component, such as Business Information Systems. Applicants with practical experience of using computing for business applications and business-based awards, which have a computing related content, will also be considered.
Months of entry
This course is designed to enable tomorrow's business and technology leaders to fully exploit the opportunities offered by recent advances in internet technologies.
The course is based on a sound understanding of the technical infrastructure of the internet and the web, but will rapidly develop your expertise in a host of convergent technologies. Issues relating to web application development, including web design and the human-computer interface, will complement a good understanding of the business potential of multimedia and database technologies.
- The programme focuses on the latest eBusiness models and technical skills that are required to build effective solutions.
- It provides a unique integration of theory and practice with practice orientated teaching based on real world examples.
- Live projects are undertaken in partnership with industry.
- There are regular guest lectures from award winning practitioners.
- You will be joining a department with a diverse and truly international postgraduate community.
- The universal nature of the technical skills developed in our programmes means our courses are of equal relevance to both new graduates and those with many years of industrial experience.
The course modules, which are all compulsory for the MSc, are listed below. To qualify for the MSc you will need to pass three compulsory modules in Semester 1 and three compulsory modules in Semester 2 as well as the dissertation and the research and study methods module.
The Postgraduate Diploma in eBusiness allows you to concentrate on the taught part of the degree and is ideal for people already working in the industry who wish to brush up their skills. To qualify for a Postgraduate Diploma, you must pass modules amounting to 120 credits.
The Postgraduate Certificate in eBusiness allows you to concentrate on the taught part of the degree and is ideal for people working in the industry who wish to learn a specific area in this rapidly changing discipline. To qualify for a Postgraduate Certificate, you must pass modules amounting to 60 credits.
- The Business Web;
- Web Applications Development;
- e-Marketing Principles and Strategies;
- Research and Study Methods;
- Research and Study Methods;
- Building a Web-Based Business;
- e-Business Information Systems;
- Business e-Futures;
- The Dissertation.
Information for international students
If your first language is not English you must satisfy our English language requirement by providing us with a minimum IELTS score of 6.0.
Qualification and course duration
MSc with placement
Course contact details
- Programme Administrator
- +44 (0)1865 485706