- be registered on Part One (Part 8 and 15 - Children's Nurse) of the NMC register for registered and active UK Nurses
- be able to demonstrate evidence of recent study at level 6 on entry
- have secured a student place within an NHS Trust which will ensure the following:
- have access to a community practice teacher and placement area
- have a source of NHS funding (employment) to enable payment of the course fees.
Months of entry
The Community Children's Nursing pathway is subject to a condition of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) approval before recommencing in 2017.
This innovative Community Specialist Practice course is aimed at community nurses wishing to prepare for (or consolidate) a leadership role.
It will enable you to become a skilful community specialist practitioner, able to lead and bring about change in your practice environments.
If you successfully fulfil the required criteria you can qualify for the relevant NMC Community Specialist Practitioner (CSP) Award.
The course is centred on practice and you will spend 50 per cent of time in the practice environment. You will have a practice teacher who will support the development of your professional practice.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Programme Administrator
- +44 (0) 1865 488111