Access to the SCPHN course is open to practitioners who meet the following criteria. You must: be registered on either the nursing or midwifery parts of the NMC register; be able to demonstrate evidence of advanced level study on entry; have the support of your manager or sponsorship from a PCT; have access to a community practice teacher; have a source of funding to enable you to meet the course fees.
Months of entry
- This course will strengthen your leadership attributes in order to prepare you for the public health workforce as a SCPHN
- The curriculum content will reflect currency in practice issues, this will include the exploration of contemporary public health high impact areas across the fields of practice.
- We support multi and interprofessional learning and teaching, offering excellent opportunities for shared learning.
- Our lecturers are experienced in their specialist practice areas and maintain excellent practice links with those areas locally or across the region, and have established links with colleagues, organisations and institutions at national and international levels to enable contemporaneous teaching material and speakers.
- Oxford Brookes is a student-centred institution that is fully committed to each individual achieving their potential. To support this, we offer a broad range of student support schemes to facilitate learning and development.
- We have an excellent track record of high levels of student satisfaction, low student attrition rates and high employability.
Information for international students
Please see the university's standard English language requirements
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Programme Administrator
- +44 (0) 1865 488111