All applicants must have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
The National Award for Special Educational Needs (SEN) Coordination is a mandatory course for new SENCOs and for SENCOs presently working in this role. The award must be achieved within 3 years of being appointed. The course is available to SENCOs working in Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire schools only.
Months of entry
Our PGCert Education - ELT Writing Materials is for language teachers wishing to develop their skills when designing materials for language learners to a professional level.
This course covers the complete writing cycle, from the first concept to piloting. It concludes with an author’s ‘pitch’ to an editorial board that includes members of the ELT publishing industry.
During the course you will:
- evaluate the different types and purposes of ELT materials and their match for specific audiences
- engage with current professional dialogue about the nature and value of materials and their impact on learners, teachers and the learning culture
- gain the skills of critical and constructive peer review
- gain the skills for piloting and editorial processes.
You will be able to create principled, theorised resources that meet the needs of a specific learner group. As well as the English Language Teaching (ELT) market.
As a successful graduate of this course you are able to join a professional ELT database that is accessed by publishers seeking authors.
Information for international students
Pathways courses for international and EU students
We offer a range of courses to help you meet the entry requirements for your postgraduate course and also familiarise you with university life in the UK.
Take a Pre-Master's course to develop your subject knowledge, study skills and academic language level in preparation for your master's course.
If you need to improve your English language, we offer pre-sessional English language courses to help you meet the English language requirements of your chosen master’s course.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 1865 484848