This MA course attracts students from a wide range of backgrounds and nationalities, who are graduates with a recognised teaching qualification, or other relevant educational experience. Applicants normally have: a good honours degree and QTS (Qualified Teacher Status), other equivalent professional qualification or relevant experience. Entry with credit: credit can be made up of appropriate work completed outside the course, for example, M level credit from PGCE awards or Postgraduate Certificates in relevant educational courses. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Months of entry
This MA Education - Higher Education programme aims to critically enquire into the meanings and purposes of higher education.
Questions central to the course include:
- What is the role and value of the university?
- What does is mean for higher education to be 'authentic' and 'transformative'?
- How are the 'facts' of higher education established?
- What are the values of 'truth' and 'belief'?
- How are roles enacted and personal identities developed within and against these roles?
STAGE 1: Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (20 credits)
- First Steps into Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (10 credits)
- Teaching Online, Open Courses (10 credits)
- Designing and Developing an International Curriculum in Higher Education (10 credits)
Information for international students
If you need a student visa to enter the UK you will need to meet the UK Visas and Immigration minimum language requirements as well as the university's requirements.Find out more about English language requirements.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Programme Administrator
- +44 (0)1865 488617