A good honours degree in a related subject. Applicants with other suitable academic or professional qualifications combined with substantial relevant experience may be considered. Applicants are encouraged to enquire about their suitability.
Months of entry
Prepare yourself for a management role within the international procurement and supply chain sectors with this flexible qualification. Take advantage of opportunities to study abroad and stand out to employers with a qualification accredited by the accredited by the Charted Institute of Logistics and Transport and recognised by the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers and The Nautical Institute. You’ll also benefit from a high profile visiting speakers programme.
- Stand out to employers with a postgraduate qualification accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and recognised by the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS) and The Nautical Institute.
- Expand your employment opportunities with a dual award title of international procurement and supply chain management, displaying expertise in a range of fields.
- Gain the specialist skills you need to enter senior management positions in the maritime industry and related fields.
- Take the opportunity to experience the martime industries abroad with the option of choosing a joint programme with Fontys University of Applied Sciences, School of Business Engineering and Logistics (FHBL), at Venlo, the Netherlands.
- Designed to appeal to those already in the workplace, our programme allows you to take the opportunity to enhance your professional competence by building on your existing experiences through a structured programme of study.
- Graduate and join our fleet of successful alumni, highly regarded in their industry for possessing the critical skills required to discuss a range of solutions for serious management problems in international shipping and port management.
- Broaden your horizons by joining a programme with a truly international focus. In any given year our students might hail from over 20 different countries, enhancing one another’s academic experiences and providing excellent opportunities for international networking.
- Benefit from the breadth of knowledge of our multicultural and international staff with expertise in their respective areas and a wealth of industry liaison experience.
- Position yourself at the leading-edge of the industry thanks to our research-informed programme of study – our staff undertake substantial research in the areas of international shipping, international logistics and supply chain management.
- Harness the latest technologies to enhance your learning experience – our expertise in simulation-based technology will allow you to enter the work place up to speed with the most contemporary techniques.
- Build the industry knowledge to transition smoothly into the workplace thanks to regular visits to companies, trade exhibitions, seminars, workshops and industry conferences.
- Plot your own course through your studies - our programme offers a learner-centred approach that is responsive to your needs. If you wish, you can choose to complete your studies in three consecutive years.
- Develop a wide-reaching network of industry contacts thanks to our programme of visiting expert industry speakers providing specialist knowledge and insights as well as opportunities to seek internship, consultancy, or research experience.
- Access the benefits offered by our extensive alumni association – PYNDA. PYNDA members now occupy all levels within the maritime industries and joining the association will allow you to develop contacts and source opportunities via your fellow alums.
Fees and funding
As part of a new government funded masters loan scheme, masters students who are under the age of 60 can now access a loan of up to £10,000 as a contribution towards the cost of their study.
The loans will be available for both taught and research masters programmes across all disciplines and subject areas (excluding PGCE, PgCert, PgDip, MClinRes or ResM).
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 01752 585858