A degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (including the BSc (Hons) Shipping and Logistics). For mature students an alternative qualification with additional experience may be acceptable.
Months of entry
Join a programme that combines over 30 years of international industry experience with a strong focus on commercial aspects of shipping, logistics and ports. Build industry connections through the visiting speakers programme and stand out to employers with a qualification accredited by the Charted Institute of Logistics and Transport and recognised by the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers and The Nautical Institute.
- Stand out to employers with a postgraduate qualification accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and recognised by the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS) and The Nautical Institute.
- Gain the specialist skills you need to enter senior management positions in the maritime industry and related fields.
- Designed to appeal to those already in the workplace, our programme allows you to take the opportunity to enhance your professional competence by building on your existing experiences through a structured programme of study.
- Graduate and join our fleet of successful alumni, highly regarded in their industry for possessing the critical skills required to discuss a range of solutions for serious management problems in international shipping and port management.
- Broaden your horizons by joining a programme with a truly international focus. In any given year our students might hail from over 20 different countries, enhancing one another’s academic experiences and providing excellent opportunities for international networking.
- Benefit from the breadth of knowledge of our multicultural and international staff with expertise in their respective areas and a wealth of industry liaison experience.
- Position yourself at the leading-edge of the industry thanks to our research-informed programme of study – our staff undertake substantial research in the areas of international shipping, international logistics and supply chain management.
- Harness the latest technologies to enhance your learning experience – our expertise in simulation-based technology will allow you to enter the work place up to speed with the most contemporary techniques.
- Build the industry knowledge to transition smoothly into the workplace thanks to regular visits to companies, trade exhibitions, seminars, workshops and industry conferences.
- Plot your own course through your studies - our programme offers a learner-centred approach that is responsive to your needs. If you wish, you can choose to complete your studies in three consecutive years.
- Develop a wide-reaching network of industry contacts thanks to our programme of visiting expert industry speakers providing specialist knowledge and insights as well as opportunities to seek internship, consultancy, or research experience.
- Access the benefits offered by our extensive alumni association – PYNDA. PYNDA members now occupy all levels within the maritime industries and joining the association will allow you to develop contacts and source opportunities via your fellow alums.
Information for international students
IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 575 required. For students with weak English language skills, the BSc (Hons) Maritime Logistics with Business English may provide a suitable access point.
Fees and funding
As part of a new government funded masters loan scheme, masters students who are under the age of 60 can now access a loan of up to £10,000 as a contribution towards the cost of their study.
The loans will be available for both taught and research masters programmes across all disciplines and subject areas (excluding PGCE, PgCert, PgDip, MClinRes or ResM).
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written/ formal examinations||12|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||46|
|Dissertation||42 (15000 words)|
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)1752 585858
- +44 (0)1752 585501