Months of entry
The MSc Psychology is designed to confer Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) with the British Psychological Society (BPS). GBC is the form of professional accreditation that is required for many careers that you may pursue with a psychology degree, as well as for advanced professional training in psychology. This is a conversion course. You do not need an undergraduate psychology degree but you'll need an honours degree.
- Ensure you have the necessary qualifications for many types of further training in psychology, as well as for licensing as a professional psychologist.
- Participate in this one-year intensive programme. You’ll become eligible for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC), which normally requires a three year honours degree in psychology.
- Benefit from the expertise of the School of Psychology which has received national recognition for both its teaching and research activities, earning a rating of five in the 2001 Research Assessment Exercise and a score of 23 out of 24 in the last Teaching Quality Assessment. These qualities mark Plymouth as one of the top psychology departments in the UK.
- Obtain a background in the major theoretical approaches in all of the principal areas of psychology - biological, cognitive, social, developmental, and individual differences.
- Gain an understanding of a wide variety of research paradigms, including research methods and measurement techniques.
- Explore the newly refurbished laboratory and teaching space including electrophysiology (ERP), Functional Near Infrared Spectroscopy (fNIRS), virtual reality and eye‑tracking laboratories.
Information for international students
If you have overseas qualifications you can check their comparability with the UK equivalent through the UK National Recognition Information Centre (NARIC), who provide an advisory service.
The minimum IELTS score for acceptable English proficiency for entry is 6.5.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 (0)1752 585858