You’ll have a good degree in a science or engineering subject, or equivalent. If you have no recent formal qualifications, a lesser qualification with additional experience may be acceptable.
Months of entry
Renewable energy is a cornerstone of the green economy and marine wind, wave and tidal energy are key elements of the UK, European and global renewable energy roadmaps. Begin your voyage to being a part of this vital transformation by studying on the UK’s first MSc Marine Renewable Energy programme. Building on our international reputation for marine research and teaching along with regional and national initiatives, this distinctive degree focuses on the growing marine renewable energy sector.
- Be at the forefront of the emerging field of marine renewable energy at a time when such expertise is increasingly sought after.
- Develop knowledge and confidence in the critical areas which will help you to be an integral part of the effort to develop and promote marine renewable energy.
- Benefit from our research team’s expertise – our staff achieved ratings of ‘world leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’ in the UK Government’s most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014).
- Take advantage of Plymouth University’s active role in the Southwest Marine Energy Park and the Offshore Renewables Development Programme to stay abreast of the latest developments and make contacts with key players in the field.
- Gain experience in the use of world leading facilities such as the COAST Lab test tanks and the Falcon Spirit research vessel as part of your taught programme and your research.
- Learn in an environment which benefits from PRIMaRE investment in new staff expertise and facilities.
- Benefit from a programme fully-integrated with the £42 million wave hub project, the world's largest wave energy test site, off north Cornwall.
- Live and study in ‘Britain’s Ocean City’, with easy access to businesses and the natural environment involved in your area of study this is an ideal location to study marine renewables.
- Take the opportunity to study abroad in the research project phase and be supported by one Plymouth University supervisor and one supervisor overseas.
Information for international students
If you have overseas qualifications you can check their comparability with the UK equivalent through the UK National Recognition Information Centre (NARIC), who provide an advisory service.
The minimum IELTS score for acceptable English proficiency for entry is 6.5
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 (0)1752 585858