Months of entry
The research strategy of the group is based upon the adoption of a holistic approach towards sustainable development, use and protection of the marine and coastal environment. This requires the development of interdisciplinary research programs involving research active staff of several departments and faculties.
The main research areas of the group are at the science-policy interface, where scientific (including social science) research can actually be translated into, for example, management tools, new policy guidance, effective legislation or regulations.
- Marine planning and policy, pollution assessment and control
- Marine conservation
- Marine resource economics and marine protected areas
- Marine governance, marine citizenship and ecosystem services
- Media and the environment and marine-related NGOs
- Coastal zone management, GIS and visualisation of data
- Environmental law
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Science and Technology
- 01752 584584
- 01752 584540