GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent) in English, maths and a science subject. Degree from a UK higher education institution (or equivalent). You need to have passed the professional skills test prior to beginning the course. Graduate Employment route – you must be in paid employment in an early years setting for the minimum of 20 hours per week and have the backing of your setting manager. You will be required to pass a satisfactory DBS assessment, carried out by the University or employer.
Months of entry
Early Years Initial Teacher Training. Build the strong development knowledge and reflective leadership of practice in early years education that will enable you to become an early years teacher with the passion and commitment to work with children - providing quality education from birth to five years old. Join an education institution with a long and proud history of facilitating excellent teacher training.
- Benefit from the flexibility of choosing from one of two professional pathways: Graduate Entry Mainstream (full time, one year) will see you complete your studies via a focus on academic learning and 120 days in placement, or; Graduate Entry Employment Based (part time, 1 year) will allow you to complete your studies while employed within an early years setting.
- Gain valuable experience of the workplace with a range of placement options ensuring you have the opportunities to meet the Early Years Teacher's Standards across the age range you’ll be working with.
- Learn from the expertise and experience of our multi-disciplinary teaching team.
- Progress your achievements by enhancing your studies with our 60 credit masters level options.
- Each candidate will have an interview during induction to determine their specific training needs on the programme to ensure a tailored delivery.
Fees and funding
Some fees are subject to adjustment depending on your eligibility for funding, bursaries, scholarships or discounts. Do check ourfunding and scholarships pages for further information.
- Graduate Entry Mainstream (full time)
An additional NCTL bursary is available:
- 1st Class Degree £5000
- 2:1 Degree £4000
- 2:2 Degree £2000
Graduate Entry Employment Based route
An employer incentive can be claimed by the employer (around £7000) to cover supply costs, salary incentives for those undertaking EYITT and any other costs incurred. For further information please visit the DfE website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions