To gain entry onto this programme, participants will need to have a first or second class degree, or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject and/or relevant experience.
Months of entry
Are you interested in education for sustainable development and environmental education? With the MSc Learning for Sustainability, you’ll have the opportunity to become 'sustainability literate' and make the most of our unique emphasis on learning communities. Develop the knowledge and skills for careers in formal and non-formal environmental education, environmental activism, green tourism, environmental research, sustainability policy and development.
- Benefit from experiential and participatory forms of learning and teaching, with flexible study patterns that combine short residential periods with supported online work.
- Advance your knowledge of sustainability – learning processes will reflect key principles of ecology and sustainability as well as equity, social justice, peaceful relationships and action for transformation.
- Learn from a team with acclaimed reputations in learning for sustainability – leading international thinkers and practitioners in the area of education for sustainability also contribute to the delivery of the programme.
- Discuss your own ideas and research proposals in individual and group tutorials – the programme is delivered in ways that stress concepts of learning communities, with a unique emphasis on learning for sustainability.
- Seize the opportunity to join an active research community network with the Centre for Sustainable Futures and the Plymouth Institute of Education.
Fees and funding
As part of a new government funded masters loan scheme, masters students who are under the age of 60 can now access a loan of up to £10,000 as a contribution towards the cost of their study.
The loans will be available for both taught and research masters programmes across all disciplines and subject areas (excluding PGCE, PgCert, PgDip, MClinRes or ResM).
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 (0)1752 585858