A 2:2 honours degree or equivalent. Other qualifications or experience may be considered.
Months of entry
This programme offers, at an advanced level, a comprehensive oppotunity to discover and explore a wide range of research disciplines. Explore the social world through a variety of research methodologies and methods. You will be awarded a distinctive qualification whose title reflects your specialist area of interest. Gain valuable experience through our research apprenticeship options. Recognised to a professional industry standard, the programme is accredited by the Market Research Society.
The programme has an emphasis on profressional development of applied, transferable research skills, attracting individuals from across the private, public and third sector. Supported by the substantive and methodological expertise of academic staff, it provides oppotunites to develop a comprehensive and in-depth understanding relating to both conceptual knowledge and practical skills.
Full-time study lasts one calender year, starting in September. Typically, part-time study takes two years; however, you may take the programme over a maximum of period of five-years. Opt for a PgCert Social Research Methods (60 credits), PgDip Social Research Methods (120 credits) or MSc Social Research Methods (specialism) (180 credits).
All modules, except the research apprenticeship/dissertation, can be taken as continuing professional development courses by students requiring training in specific areas, but who do not necessarily want to register for a fomal qualification.
- Accredited by the Market Research Society (MRS) and recognised to a profressional industry standard.
- Examiners and reviewers praise the balance of practical and theoretical study.
- Deepen your understanding of a range of research methodologies and theories, as well as practical skills. Test these out in work placemnents.
- Staff are internationally recognised experts in their field.
- Work toward a distinct MSc exit qualifcation in a specialist area of your choice.
- Choose to take modules individually as stand-alone profressional development courses if you require training in a specific area.
- Replace your traditional masters dissertation with a practical, professional research apprenticeship.
Information for international students
IELTS score of 6.5 overall with a 5.5 in each individual element.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admission enquiries