Admission to the specialisation programmes of Porto School Hotel is open to holders of:
- a) A Secondary Education Diploma or its legal equivalent;
- b) A Technological Specialisation Diploma (level 4 professional qualifications);
- c) A bachelor's degree or its legal equivalent;
- d) A foreign higher education degree, awarded upon completion of a first study cycle organized according to the Bologna model by a state who has adhered to this process;
- e) A foreign higher education degree which is recognized as satisfying the objectives of a bachelor's degree;
- f) An academic, scientific and/or professional curriculum which recognizes as proof of the candidate’s preparedness for the study cycle. The recognition referred to in sub-paragraphs d) through f) comes into effect merely for the purpose of admission to the specialisation programmes and does not award the holder with a Bachelor degree nor with degree recognition.
Months of entry
October, September, July
Wine and Beverage Service Management (two years)
- Wine and restaurant service management
- Bar service management.
This course prepares students for performing the following functions:
- Bar chief and manager.
- Restaurant chief and manager.
Information for international students
Porto School Hotel provides you with the most adequate and unique facilities making it an unrivalled advantage for your future career. Courses are taught both in Portuguese and English, according to students’ needs. For that reason, it is recommended for students to have a proficiency of the English language.
Fees and funding
Due to a continuous effort made by the Escola Superior de Estudos Industriais e de Gestão of the Instituto Politécnico do Porto and in order to continuously provide students with the best conditions possible, Porto School Hotel is happy to announce that it was possible to define strategic partners for our specialisation programmes.
Through these partners’ support we were able to reduce the global price of our two years programmes’ fees on the total amount of 4.500€, the equivalent to 20%. This reduction is also applicable to those who already presented and formalised their applications.
We must remind you that the fees include students’ accommodation in an all-inclusive regime at a five star hotel, and that these programmes are innovative in the Portuguese education scenario.
We must also inform you that the above mentioned funding support is only available for national (Portuguese) students.
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
The Wine and Beverage Service Management programme grants a specialisation course diploma. Based on European Credit Transfer Systems (ECTS), it allows students to get credits in case they intend to pursue their academic career in a bachelor-level degree.
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
Course contact details
- Elga Costa
- +351 919639406