A good upper second class honours degree or equivalent in any discipline, plus a minimum of three years’ work experience, which may be waived in the case of exceptionally well-qualified candidates. IELTS 7.0 (writing 6.0) or equivalent.
Months of entry
- This is a strongly international programme, showing you how to manage within highly political contexts.
- This programme is based in a business school rather than a department of politics or public policy so is more management-centred and has close links to practice.
- This programme is interdisciplinary – involving other schools at QMUL (such as the Global Public Health team in Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry).
- The course content is relevant and applicable to many different parts of the public sector.
- This programme combines academic rigour with an emphasis on Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and prepares you for employment and career progression.
- Economics of the Public Sector
- Organisational Behaviour in the Public Services
- Public Financial Management and Accounting
- Public Policy and Governance
- Research Methods for Business and Management
- Economics of Development
- Globalisation and Contemporary Medical Ethics
- Global Governance and International Organisations
- Globalisation and Health Systems
- Human Resource Management in the Public Services
- Human Rights and Public Health
- Leadership and Strategy in the Public Sector
- Migration, Culture and Advanced Social Determinants of Health
- Public Health, International Law and Governance
Continuous Professional Development
- Public Management in Practice – a non-assessed series of presentations and skillsbased activities (such as negotiation skills).
- Critical Thinking and Writing for Business Management: Literacy Development
- Grammar in Context 1 (exclusive to SBM students)
Information for international students
Staff and students at the School of Business and Management come from more than ninety countries and from every continent. The MPA in particular is designed to meet the needs of students working in the public services from any country and welcomes applicants from around the world.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- James Boote, Recruitment and Marketing Officer
- +44 (0)20 7882 8569