An upper class second class degree is normally required at undergraduate level in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline.
Months of entry
Video games are a $140bn+ global industry where creativity meets computing. The MSc Computer Games will give you the skills to design and develop games with state-of-the-art tools and technologies. You'll learn about the latest developments in artificial intelligence and machine learning and how these are being applied in the games industry.
Queen Mary University of London is home to both a world-leading research group in Games and AI and the IGGI PhD programme, a UK-wide community of over 60 PhD students in games research. You'll learn the latest developments in machine learning and AI by world-renowned academics and how to apply them in game development. Our world-class teaching, research and industrial contacts will support you as you learn to describe, compare and apply a range of AI, machine learning and data science methods, both in general and in the context of computer game design and development. The MSc modules cover the following aspects:
- How to programme computer games using industry-relevant technologies
- Compare and select appropriate technologies in the context of game development
- Identify theories and principles of game design and apply them to analyse specific games
- Describe, compare and apply computational approaches to game-playing, interactive agents, content generation, and player modelling.
- Identifying current trends in the games and AI industries.
Queen Mary’s Game AI Research Group and IGGI Centre for Doctoral Training has an established network of over 80 games companies including Sony Interactive Entertainment, Creative Assembly, Bossa, and EA. Students on this programme will benefit from our strong industry links specifically through our research collaborations, regular hosting of industry speakers at seminars and conferences, and engaging with industry events
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- +44 (0)20 7882 7333