An upper class second class degree is normally required at undergraduate level in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline.
Months of entry
Video games are a $140bn+ global industry where creativity meets computing. This programme will give you the skills to design and develop games with state- of-the-art tools and technologies. Learn about the latest developments in artificial intelligence and machine learning and how these are being applied in the games industry. The School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science is home to both a world-leading research group in Games and AI, and the IGGI PhD programme, a UK-wide community of over 60 PhD students in games research.
The programme includes modules on games development in Unity and Unreal, computational approaches to game design, procedural content generation, and applications of artificial intelligence, machine learning and data analytics in games.
This programme will allow you to:
- Design and develop your own games using industry-relevant approaches.
- Work with the most up-to-date technologies - each topic is backed up by our world-leading research centres and groups.
- Learn the latest developments in machine learning and AI by world-renowned academics and how to apply them in game development.
- Engage with our games industry partners through regular networking events and guest speakers.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- +44 (0)20 7882 7333