Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in any subject, provided the degree contains substantial levels of study of Mathematics and Statistics.
Most students will generally have an Economics or related degree. Applicants from Mathematics, Engineering and Sciences backgrounds will be considered.
Find out more about how to apply for our postgraduate taught courses.
English language requirements
If you got your degree in an English speaking country or if it was taught in English, and you studied within the last five years, you might not need an English language qualification - find out more.
The minimum English Language requirements for entry to postgraduate degree programmes within the School of Economics and Finance are:
Months of entry
About the School of Economics and Finance (SEF):
- 10th in UK for research power in latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014)
- Close proximity to London’s financial districts (City of London and Canary Wharf)
- Self-contained campus with on-site accommodation
- State-of-the-art building
- Teaching by research-active academics as well as visiting city professionals
About the Economics MSc:
- -Rigorous training in theoretical and applied economics
- -Emphasis on formal maths and statistics
- -Emphasis on understanding, critically assessing and conducting formal research
- -Suitable as preparation for an MRes or PhD
- -Opportunity to apply for a summer internship at Frontier Economics, one of Europe’s largest economic consultancies (subject to taking the relevant module)
- -Large number of generous scholarships for outstanding candidates
- -Compare with other MSc courses in SEF
Fees and funding
There are a number of ways you can fund your postgraduate degree.
- Scholarships and bursaries
- Postgraduate loans (UK students)
- Country-specific scholarships for international students
Our Advice and Counselling service offers specialist support on financial issues, which you can access as soon as you apply for a place at Queen Mary. Before you apply, you can access our funding guides and advice on managing your money:
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- School of Economics
- +44 (0)20 7882 8848