A Distinction at UK Masters level in Economics, Finance or a related field. A thorough knowledge of Masters-level Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, and Econometrics, and also of Mathematics and statistical theory relevant to Economics is required.Additional information
For information on the comparability of international qualifications to a UK Masters degree, please contact the Admissions Office.
Find out more about how to apply for our postgraduate taught courses.
English language requirements
If you got your degree in an English speaking country or if it was taught in English, and you studied within the last five years, you might not need an English language qualification - find out more.
The minimum English Language requirements for entry to postgraduate degree programmes within the School of Economics and Finance are:
6.5 overall including 6.0 in Writing, and 5.5 in Reading, Listening and Speaking.
Months of entry
The School of Economics and Finance (SEF):
- 10th in the UK for research power in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014)
- More than 35 academic staff conducting research in wide range of areas
- Proximity to London’s financial districts (City of London and Canary Wharf)
- Self-contained campus with on-site accommodation
- State-of-the-art building
About the Economics and Econometrics MRes:
- Research-oriented programme for students who already hold an MSc in economics or related field
- Strong emphasis on formal maths, statistics and econometrics
- Teaching and dissertation supervision by research-active academics
- Most students graduating from the programme continue onto our PhD programme (subject to fulfilling requirements)
- Can also be pursued as a stand-alone degree
- Eligibility to apply for ESRC 1+3 funding (ie for one year of MRes and three years of subsequent PhD)
Fees and funding
See website for more details on programme fees and funding.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- School of Economics and Finance
- +44 (0)20 7882 8848