At the minimum a 2:1 degree or overseas equivalent is required in any discipline (a good performance in a higher degree such as a Masters will also be accepted).
Applicants must also have a good existing level of mathematics and statistics.
Months of entry
The MSc in Finance is a specialist degree focusing on financial issues in all industry sectors. This degree provides a comprehensive grasp of the principles and applications of finance, a broad experience of quantitative techniques and technical and conceptual skills, coupled with a strongly vocational approach. It is designed to prepare you for a wide range of careers in multinational financial organisations.
Unique features of the MSc in Finance are:
- This degree provides the opportunity to follow the CFA specialist pathway alongside the MSc and acquire the skills to complete the CFA Level 1 examination. The CFA professional qualification has a strong foundation of real world investment analysis and portfolio management skills along with practical knowledge of the investment industry. Is it required by major employers in the financial sector.
- General training in all the key aspects of finance ranging from financial statements to derivatives pricing.
- A rigorous analytical approach which makes the programme the most highly regarded of our finance programmes amongst prospective employers.
- Part of the CFA university recognition programme and has a limited number of CFA scholarships available. These scholarships are allocated amongst students already on the programme and fund them through CFA exams.
Information for international students
Students whose first degree is not taught in an English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language proficiency. 6.5 IELTS overall and 6.0 in Writing or equivalent is the minimum required.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- School of Economics and Finance
- +44 (0)20 7882 8848