Applicants should have MBBS or BDS and be employed as Academic Clinical Fellow or Clinical Lecturer at Queen Mary or associated NHS Trusts. Individuals with non-clinical qualifications and employment at QM or associated NHS Trusts will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Months of entry
The Clinical research programme provides a credit-bearing training opportunity for academic clinical fellows and clinical lecturers in medicine and dentistry.
This programme gives you the opportunity to develop academic research skills within the framework of your busy clinical training programme. It is designed for clinical academic trainees in all specialties.
The programme will:
- Prepare you for a career in academic clinical research
- Provide formal training in the regulatory and ethical framework for clinical research
- Develop your key skills in research design, statistical analysis, and critical review
- Encourage you to engage with public and patients, communicate effectively with different audiences, and understand the importance of communication to the public perception of research
- Equip you to undertake independent research, including critical thinking and consideration of research impact
- Meet the requirement of the NIHR and other funders for academic clinical fellows to undertake relevant training in research methodology.
Information for international students
Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential and non-native English speakers are required to have a minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- William Harvey Research Institute
- +44 (0)20 7882 5511