Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in a related discipline.
Relevant subjects include quantitative disciplines such as Statistics, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Bioinformatics and Biomedical Sciences, and qualitative disciplines such as Anthropology, Ethnography and Social Sciences.
Candidates with other relevant qualifications or research experience may also be eligible. Please contact us if you would like to discuss your eligibility.
Find out more about how to apply for our postgraduate taught courses.
Months of entry
This MRes is the entry point to the 4 year PhD Programme in Health Data in Practice, funded by the Wellcome Trust. Acceptance onto the MRes in Health Data in Practice constitutes entry onto the 4 year PhD programme in Health Data in Practice; progression to PhD requires successful (i.e. pass or above) completion of the MRes. This course is not currently available as a standalone MRes in Health Data in Practice.
- Be part of a prestigious Wellcome Trust-funded interdisciplinary programme with access to leading researchers at the forefront of health data research
- Gain an ‘in-practice’ context to health data science research with access to real-world data and health settings
- Benefit from generous resources and support
- Access innovative career development support during your PhD and a unique ‘Transition fund’ to support successful transition to the next stage of your career
Information for international students
If you got your degree in an English speaking country or if it was taught in English, and you studied within the last five years, you might not need an English language qualification - find out more.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Institute of Population Health Sciences
- +44 (0)20 7882 2541