Normally a 2.1 Honours degree or above or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in Arts, Humanities, Management, Social Sciences or a cognate discipline.
A 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University may be considered if an applicant can demonstrate relevant work experience as an artist or in the field of arts administration. Exceptionally, applicants who do not hold a 2.2 Honours degree and who possess relevant experience may be permitted the opportunity to demonstrate achievement at an equivalent level, for example, this could be in a senior management role in an arts/cultural organisation.
Months of entry
Our aim is to provide MA Arts Management students with:
- Advanced understanding of the subject of Arts Management
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the most up-to-date theories and discourses in Arts Management and how these are influencing practice
- Knowledge of international trends in cultural policy and how they are affecting, and affected by, the practice of Arts Management
- Essential practical skills relating to Arts Management, particularly strategic planning, financial management, business planning and engaging audiences
- A sophisticated level of critical and divergent thinking and expression
- Skills appropriate to self-directed study and independent research
- Awareness of different research methodologies and their application to the work of arts managers
- Further developed wider intellectual and transferable skills, consistent with creative thought and independent learning.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr David Robb