Normally a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering, Mathematics with Computer Science, Physics with Computer Science or a related discipline.
Applicants who hold a 2.2 Honours degree and a Master’s degree (or equivalent qualifications acceptable to the University) in one of the above disciplines will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants will be expected to have mathematical ability and significant programming experience as evidenced either through the content of their primary degree or through another appropriate formal qualification. It would be beneficial if applicants have experience programming in C and working in a Linux environment.
Months of entry
The world’s online security depends on you. Step up to the plate with this fascinating, industry-focused Master’s course, taught at one of the world’s cyber security hubs.
- A recent graduate – possibly a maths or engineering graduate with good programming skills, or you might be a good developer but have little knowledge of cyber security.
- Already working in industry – experienced in technical software development, and looking to upskill and enhance your professional development.
- An international student looking to study a UK master’s degree, to meet an international need and to live and study in Belfast’s Titanic Quarter.
- GCC for C/C++
- Hex-Rays IDA
- You’ll hear from industry experts during seminars
- You’ll be involved in our World Cyber Security Technology Research Summit, including the invite-only gala dinner of 100 global leaders in cyber security.
- You’ll be involved in creating new businesses from our cyber security research.
Information for international students
Full details can be found on the Queen's University website at http://www.qub.ac.uk/home/StudyatQueens/Coursefinder
Fees and funding
Applicants should refer to the relevant School's website for information. Details may be found here.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- The Programme Director
- 028 9097 5439