If you wish to enroll in the European Master programme in System Dynamics, you should meet the following requirements:
You should have obtained a University bachelor degree (BSc), equal to the educational standards set by the European Higher Education Area and higher education partners in the programme and consortium, in ‘social sciences’, ‘management sciences’, ‘natural sciences’ or ‘engineering sciences’.
- Your grade average must be between an A and B.
- You must be able to hand over proof of proficiency in English: a legally certified copy of an IELTS, a TOEFL or a CAE/CPE certificate which may at the time of application not be taken longer than two years ago.
- Your CV, including a short summary of your Bachelor thesis (in English). Should you not have written a thesis, please send us other academic writing of your hand.
- A letter of motivation, describing why you feel you should be admitted to the programme (in English).
- 3 letters of recommendation (in English).
- Legally certified copies of your diplomas and transcripts.
- Legally certified translations of your diplomas and transcripts by a sworn translator (in English).
- Legally certified copy of your passport.
Months of entry
The European Master Programme in System Dynamics has been specifically designed for students who are interested in learning how to initiate strategic change in organisations. Organisations are continuously confronted with the need for improvement in strategy development, policy design and decision making.
Get ready for a career in analyzing complex dynamics systems, designing robust policies, helping decision makers make better decisions and initiating strategic change in organizations. If you want to solve real world problems in an international setting, EMSD is the programme for you.
A Unique Programme
The European master programme in System Dynamics (EMSD) builds on the strengths of four leading universities: the University of Bergen (Norway), the New University of Lisbon (Portugal), the University of Palermo (Italy) and Radboud University Nijmegen (the Netherlands). The programme is specifically designed for students who are interested in learning how to initiate strategic change in organizations through the use of computer simulation models. EMSD is the first international master programme in System Dynamics in Europe. Our goal is to teach you everything that you need for starting an international career in strategic modeling with System Dynamics. After you have finished our master programme, you will know how to build a System Dynamics model, how to apply it to a variety of real life problems and how to facilitate the model building process with the client. You will be able to initiate strategic change in organizations. No other programme in System Dynamics in the world offers you this combination of model building and group facilitation skills in a dynamic international setting.
During the programme, you will stay at three of the four different partner universities for a whole semester. Starting in Bergen (Norway), then either in Lisbon (Portugal) or Palermo (Italy), and then finally in Nijmegen (The Netherlands).The two-year EMSD programme builds on the strengths universities involved: you will start with learning the System Dynamics model building in Bergen (30 EC); on to the application of System Dynamics in either Sustainability Issues in Lisbon or Management, Planning and Control (30 EC) and Organisational consultation and Group Nijmegen (30 EC). You will finish our programme in universities by conducting an original research project present in a full-fledged master thesis (30 EC).
Living and learning across different campuses and cultures will be an enriching experience on both the academic and personal level that will help you develop the intercultural and personal skills that are needed for starting your international career. After our two-year programme you will have built up a network of international friends and colleagues to kick-start your career with.
To apply for this course, please contact us by e-mail.
Information for international students
- TOEFL ≥ 80 (lnternet-based); or
- IELTS ≥ 6.0 (overall score); or
- CAE/CPE at least level C (copy of degree required).
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admission Office