Typically, we will make an offer to a student holding a UK Honours undergraduate degree from a recognised institution. Other equivalent international qualifications from recognised institutions will be accepted.
Applicants will be required to submit a short writing portfolio. This need not include scripts, and may consist of one or more samples of any form of writing –short story, journalistic article, poem, essay, etc. which displays style, articulacy or expressiveness.
Months of entry
Join the UK’s first MA in writing professionally for three markets – film, TV and theatre.
This programme has been designed with the writer in mind: you attend five four-day intensive workshops over the period of 21 months, and spend the rest of your time writing when you like, where you like, with constant script guidance by professional working writers throughout. The four-day workshops run from Thursday to Sunday, minimising your commitment if you work full-time.
- Become a member of a small and supportive group of ongoing active writers
- Watch your work being performed by actors
- Enjoy free London theatre visits
- Analyse and discuss nightly film screenings
- Produce high-standard scripts honed and ready for the professional market
- Direct performances of your scripts in our own Marylebone Theatre
- Indulge yourself in two years of pure writing as you develop a second career in film, TV or theatre
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)20 7487 7505