About Richmond The American International University in London
The American International University in London
Richmond, the American University in London is a private not-for-profit university with American and accreditation offering excellent postgraduate programme. At Richmond, we deliver the very best of both the American and British higher educational systems. Our programmes will prepare you to think creatively, critically and independently, in order to address the complex social, cultural, environmental, and economic challenges in a changing world. Our graduate students are at the centre of everything that we do.
- One-year (full-time) and two-year (part-time) postgraduate programmes
- Access to accredited integrated internships for postgraduates
- International, research-active and professionally active faculty
- Small class sizes and close supervision by faculty in a diverse learning environment
- Flexible study options.
- International student body in a central study London location
We provide students with excellent academic teaching and research support with experienced academic staff in small postgraduate groups. Our aim is to help our graduate students to develop intelligent, reflective practice through lectures, research, critical inquiry and work-practice internships. Our students collaborate with their peers, industry partners and diverse communities in London and around the world. The employability and the professional development of our graduates is a central theme at Richmond through subject focus and relevant research based on our students’ career pathway, interests and aspiration.
List of postgraduate programmes – please visit our postgraduate programme website for further details
- MA in Advertising and Public Relations
- MA Public Relations and Journalism
- MA Art History and Visual Culture
- MA Visual Arts Management and Curating
- MA International Development
- MA International Relations
- Master’s in Business Administration - MBA
- MA Luxury Brand Management
- MA Language Education, Leadership and Management
- MA in Applied Linguistics: Language Teaching (English and Chinese)
We have three active Research Centres at Richmond:
- The Centre for the Study of Persuasive Industries (CSPI), which is London’s first academic centre researching the worlds of advertising, public relations and lobbying.
- The Centre for International Visual Arts and Cultures (IVAC) explores the plurality of visual arts and cultures in all their aspects, from production, history, theory, media and practice to dissemination, impact and public engagement.
- The State, Power and Globalisation (SPG) engages with research into the ongoing transformation of political structures at the level of the state and of international politics.
Visit our research centre websites to review the list publications and books written and published by members of Richmond’s teaching and research staff.
Richmond's postgraduate students are located at our Kensington campus in the heart of London. The campus lecture halls and classrooms, offices and some on-campus accommodation are contained within five buildings, all within a five-minute walk of each other. The campus also has its own library with a cafe and cafeteria on-site and is easily reached by public transport
There is a range of IT and AV services and facilities available to students. Networked computers can be found in dedicated computer labs and open access areas on both campuses. Richmond operates its own university-wide WI-FI service and student portal. This is also available in our off-campus residential buildings free of charge. Richmond runs PCS and an Apple Lab and offers a Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Suites and anti-virus software. Libraries are available at both Richmond University campuses. Students can find 60,000 books and DVDs housed at the libraries, as well as 39,000 e-journals and 36,000 newspaper/newswire subscriptions. Computer-facilitated workstations are available, and students are able to book rooms for group study.
Fees, funding and costs
Tuition fees vary but they usually start from £7000 for an MA/MSc if you are a UK or an EU student and from £12,000 if you’re full-time student from outside of EU. For full details. We offer merit scholarships and you may eligible for loans through Future finance.
How to apply
Applications for postgraduate degrees can be submitted via postgraduate admissions website. You are advised to apply as early as possible as applications will only be considered if there are places available on the course.
Find out more:
Register your interest and we’ll contact you. You can also make an appointment to meet with one of our postgraduate programme leaders.
- Contact name
- Postgraduate Admissions Office
- Richmond University
- Queens Road
- TW10 6JP
- Richmond Upon Thames
- +44 20 8332 9000