1. Application form. 2. A professional statement 3. At least one Confidential Academic Reference 4. CV/Resume 5. Proof of bachelors degree 6. Official/Certified Transcripts of all undergraduate work ideally showing a GPA of 3.0 (on 4.0 scale)/ B. 7. English Language Test Results For applicants who have attended non-U.S. universities: - Certified copies of all grades (including courses taken), diplomas, certificates of programme completion, and any end-of-program or end-of-year examination results. - If transcripts are not in English, official translation will be required.
Months of entry
Advertising and Public Relations (PR) are thriving and increasingly competitive industries which offer a growing variety of exciting international employment opportunities.
5 facts of the programme
- A one year programme based in central London
- A global and critical perspective on the thriving, rapidly evolving and increasingly competitive global industries of Advertising and PR
- Professional training for work in Advertising and PR including an optional internship and professional research project including live PR work and associated advertising materials
- Internationally recognised, research and professionally active faculty
- Small class sizes and faculty supervision
About the Programme
Richmond University’s MA in Advertising and Public Relations brings together practical skills and academic work. It is taught at our Kensington Campus in central London, the hub of the Advertising and PR industries.
The MA emphasises practical skills in both advertising and PR from the outset, with students developing and presenting their own bodies of professional work. The practical aspect of the course will culminate in an optional accredited internship and mandatory professional research project, including live PR work and associated advertising materials and, at its end, a critical reflection which will require students to relate their work to wider thinking about these industries.
At the same time the programme provides an in-depth academic examination of the advertising and PR industries, their histories, how they function in the contemporary world and the role they play in international society and economic life – especially in relation to the media, business and the full range of marketing disciplines.
Students examine the issues these industries face and explore different views of both advertising and PR. Students also benefit from a range of optional courses in the second semester of the programme, which enable them to develop knowledge and skills in specific areas of interest.
Industry Networking & Internships.
The programme benefits from exceptionally strong links with the advertising and PR industries in London, with teaching by practitioners, a wide range of distinguished guest speakers, and events involving both industries. These links not only ensure that students are aware of the latest developments in London’s advertising and PR industries, but facilitate internships and help students with their career development.
Develop skills to assist in career progression.
A broad education of this kind equips graduates for a wide range of careers internationally while enabling them to develop specialist expertise in areas of particular interest. By ensuring that they are critical and reflective practitioners it prepares them for challenging leadership roles in a world of diversity and rapidly changing opportunities, in keeping with the university’s wider mission.
Information for international students
If your first language is not English, you are required to submit IELTS English proficiency test results from an exam taken within the last two years. NOTE: Also encouraged to submit a Sample of Academic Writing (academically cited; 8-20 pages and/or 2,000-5,000 typed words)- but not required.
Fees and funding
Each year Richmond will award a Postgraduate Scholarship to a maximum of four outstanding new entrants to our Postgraduate programmes, covering the duration of the programme, subject to grades, worth 50% remission of tuition fees payable.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 20 8332 9000
- +44 20 8332 1596