US Bachelors degree from an accredited institution, or UK first degree with minimum second class honours, or an overseas equivalent as determined by the University with a major in the discipline of focus or a related area in social science. Relevant work experience is welcomed and may on occasion be accepted in lieu of a first degree, but is not required.
Months of entry
Richmond University's MA in Language Education Leadership and Management will provide a high quality professional education. It has been designed to prepare graduates for careers as future leaders and senior managers in the fields of language education and language services, both in the UK and internationally.
The MA aims to equip graduates with the following:
- A combination of the critical understanding of language learning and teaching, leadership qualities and the management competencies required by language provision institutions. This includes the ability to work with, lead and inspire multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams.
- An uderstanding of the needs of the clients and a sound, reflective critical thinking approach to solving complex problems.
- The ability to network and engage creatively, in order to develop the industry in forward thinking, innovative ways.
5 facts about the programme:
- One year full-time based in London, taught in English
- Integration of theoretical and practical skills and competencies in language study, and business leadership and management
- Accredited internship
- Taught by leading academics, management professionals and language practitioners
- Small class sizes and close faculty supervision
Information for international students
Applicants who are not from a majority English speaking country will be asked to supply evidence of their English language skills which will usually be an IELTS with 6.5 overall and no element below 6.0.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 20 8332 9000