US Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or UK first degree with minimum second class honours, or an overseas equivalent as determined by the University. Relevant work experience is welcomed and may, on occasion, be accepted in lieu of a first degree, but is not required.
Months of entry
The MA emphasises practical skills in both PR and journalism from the outset, with students developing and presenting their own bodies of professional work. The practical aspect of the course will culminate in an optional accredited internship and mandatory professional research project, including live PR work and journalism and, at its end, a critical reflection which requires students to relate their work to wider thinking about these industries.
At the same time the programme provides an in-depth academic examination of the PR industry and journalism, their evolution, how they function in the contemporary world and the role they play in international society and economic life - especially in relation to traditional and new media, business and the full range of marketing disciplines.
5 facts about the programme:
- A one year programme based in central London which uniquely brings together the study of PR and journalism
- A global and critical perspective on the thriving, rapidly evolving and increasingly competitive worlds of PR and the media
- Professional training for work in PR and journalism including an optional internship and professional research project including live PR work and journalism
- Internationally recognised, research and professionally active faculty
- Small class sizes and faculty supervision
Information for international students
Applicants who are not from a majority English speaking country will be asked to supply evidence of their English language skills which will usually be an IELTS with 6.5 overall and no element below 6.0.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 (0)20 8332 9000
- +44 (0)20 8332 1596