A good honours degree in any numerically orientated degree. Applicants having a degree or degree equivalent qualification and relevant work experience may also be considered, as may qualifications from approved professional accountancy bodies such as ACCA and CIMA.
All international students, for whom English is not their first language, must provide evidence of linguistic ability, by gaining IELTS 6.5.International students who do not meet our direct entry requirements for this course can gain additional entry points through our International College at Robert Gordon University.
Months of entry
The MSc Oil and Gas Accounting course is designed to develop specialist knowledge and skills specifically for a career in the oil and gas industry.
The course will enable students to develop a critical awareness of the key issues in accounting for upstream oil and gas exploration, development and production activities and is delivered by respected academics with relevant industry experience.
The MSc Oil and Gas Accounting is accredited by The Association of International Accountants (AIA) and Energy Institute.
Course Benefits: We aim to produce independent thinkers who are ready and able to face the complexities and challenges of oil and gas accounting faced by organisations. Overall, you will learn to:
- Develop an understanding of the organisational behaviour of companies involved in financial, commercial and contractual activities in the North Sea and world-wide oil and gas industries.
- Critically evaluate the reporting practices of international upstream oil and gas exploration and production companies
- Recognise the key issues in accounting for Joint Venture Operations
- Develop a structured methodology for conducting Joint Venture and Multi-Venture audits
- Utilise Petroleum Economics in Field Development and life incremental projects
- Review and interpret key industry financial ratios and develop key performance indicators
- Identify the challenges of Corporate Financial Management
Information for international students
For more information, international students should visit our International Office website: www.rgu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
For Academic Year 2016/2017
- £3,400 entire course
- £11,400 entire course
For more information on fees, funding and scholarships, students should visit the Student Finance website: http://www.rgu.ac.uk/studentfinance
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Office
- +44 (0)1224 26 2209