You should be a Registered Nurse or Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Be registered in the same part or sub-part of the register as the students they support.
- Have completed at least three years post-registration experience, gained additional professional knowledge and skills, and have experience in an area where students are gaining practice experience relevant to their registration.
- Have extended their professional knowledge, relevant to their field of practice, to at least first degree level, prior to undertaking an NMC approved post-graduate teacher preparation programme.
- Have the ability to lead programme development and co-ordinate the work of others in delivering and assessing programmes of learning in practice and academic settings supporting a wide range of students.
- Special Requirements: Acceptance to all nursing and midwifery courses is subject to a health screening and satisfactory PVG clearance (previously an enhanced disclosure). More details about the PVG scheme please
Months of entry
This course aims to equip nurses and midwives, in a teaching role, with contemporary knowledge to enhance the quality of the learning experience for nursing and midwifery students.
- to meet the needs of newly-appointed staff with academic or learning support roles
- to meet the University's requirements of probation for academic staff
- to meet NMC (2008) requirements for nurse / midwife teachers
- to meet the requirements of the Descriptor 2 of the UK Professional Standards Framework (2011)
- to meet the requirements of SCQF level 11 attributes
- to provide flexible learning routes that are efficient, and which promote synergies between the student's learning activities and their work role
- to promote enhancement of the Interprofessional Educational experience of RGU learners.
Information for international students
Postgraduate courses normally require an IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in all 4 components. Some of our courses require a different level of English. Please check our course pages for specific details. Test reports are valid for a period of 2 years and can be used as proof of English for admission if valid on the start date of your course.
Fees and funding
For more information, visit our website.
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
Blended Learning - 2 Years (Pro-rata) with some face-to-face time required.
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- 44 (0) 1224 262209