Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- Applicants normally hold a first degree or honours degree honours degree, or its equivalent, in relevant subject.
- Applicants must also have Higher/A Level Biology or Human Biology at grade C and National 5/GSCE Maths at grade C/4.
- Applicants will be expected to submit a personal statement supporting their reasons to study Midwifery with explanation of what they have done to find out about the profession and any transferable skills. Successful statements will be shortlisted for interview.
- Entry to the course is also dependent on applicants meeting the NMC standards of good health and good character and a satisfactory Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG) check.
- Applicants that have already studied for a nursing degree are unlikely to receive funding for a midwifery degree.
- This course is currently accepting applications from students from the UK and the EU only.
Months of entry
This course will equip you with the skills, knowledge and compassionate care required throughout pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, labour and birth, postpartum and the early stages of a newborn infants’ life. The MSc* will acknowledge your key graduate attributes and transferable skills and build on these so you can confidently deliver effective care.
You will develop key skills to provide universal care for all women, their families and newborns as well as additional care for those women and infants with complications. Furthermore, you will develop midwifery knowledge with emphasis on leadership, management, education, research with critical thinking and promote role modelling in midwifery.
The course is closely integrated with BSc Midwifery students as you complete shared modules which are assessed at postgraduate level.
*Subject to validation
Information for international students
All applicants whose first language is not English are required to have an Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System) overall score of 7.0 with a score of 7.0 in all elements apart from writing where minimum score is 6.5. Appropriate equivalents will be considered.
We accept a variety of in-country and secure English language tests, find out more:
Fees and funding
You may qualify for a scholarship or financial award.
For more information please visit the RGU website - https://www.rgu.ac.uk/study/finance-funding/funding-and-scholarships-search
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Admissions Service