Course Entry Requirements and how to apply
You will need to hold at least a lower second (2.2) UK bachelor’s degree or international equivalent and at least 4 years of experience in a leadership role. If you do not have these qualifications but believe that this is the course for you, please apply and we will conduct an interview process to ensure that the programme would be right for you. The programme is taught entirely in internationally accessible English, but if English is not your first language you will need to hold a minimum IELTS 6.5.
You will be asked to complete an application form to demonstrate your experience. We may interview you to ensure that the programme would be right for you.
Find out more and meet us online
To help you understand more about the programme and what it’s like to study at Roffey Park, we run regular online information webinars. Book onto the next event
Months of entry
Organisations must learn more now than ever before in order to overcome and respond to the challenges faced by increasing competition, digitisation, hybrid working and alternative models of work as well as shifts in consumer demands. Learning organisations are built from employees adept at creating, acquiring and transferring knowledge. This results in organisations that cultivate tolerance, encourage open dialogue and think holistically and systemically. As organisations adapt and change to reflect both post-pandemic and technology-driven work practices, how organisations think about learning will be central to talent strategy and sustainability.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Organisational Learning takes a system-level perspective to a learning organisation. The Postgraduate Diploma in Organisational Learning is designed to support you in exploring relevant organisational and leadership questions relating to change and transformation. This course will enable you to understand the fundamental principles, challenges and opportunities of organisational learning from applied and theoretical perspectives. You will be designing your lens through research questions and an approach to data collection that will help you and other practitioners gain a deeper understanding of organisational dynamics and variables, whether that relates to people or processes. Throughout the programme, you will discover concepts and think about how these relate to your context. The focus of development on this programme is on your skills and behaviour around the subject of organisational learning so that you can create impact and sustainable positive change within your own context.
This Postgraduate Diploma in Organisational Learning is for you if you are…
- A learning and development professional keen to develop their career and drive change across their organisation.
- Change and transformation specialists who want to build organisational learning as a tool for transformation and to embed learning as a strategic imperative
- Organisational leaders who want to drive culture change through their people and processes
You will walk away with
1. A postgraduate diploma in organisational learning, an internationally recognised qualification, which will boost your impact and career as a leader and/or manager
2. A greater understanding of how to create and implement strategies for a learning organisation
3. The ability to develop programmes using advanced learning and facilitation techniques
4. Greater connection with a network of learning and development senior leaders
Module 1 – Academic reading and writing
Module 2 – The psychology of adult learning
Module 3 – Developing an organisational learning strategy
Module 4 – Advanced facilitation and learning methodologies
Module 5 – Assessing learning needs and outcomes
Module 6 – Self- directed learning and talent management
Benefits for you
You will graduate with a diploma in change leadership, an internationally recognised qualification, which will grow your impact and career as a leader and/or manager. You will be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of a range of strategies that could be used to create a learning organisation
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the psychology of adult learning and memory across cultures
- Design and critically evaluate the impact of advanced learning and facilitation techniques on aspects of a learning organisation
- Critically assess the alignment between talent and learning strategies to create sustainable, agile learning organisations
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time15 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
MSc in Organisational Learning
For an additional fee, learners on our Postgraduate Diploma in Organisational Learning can continue their studies over a further 9 months and receive an MSc in Organisational Learning.
The MSc in Organisational Learning is delivered online over 9 months, part-time. During this programme you will receive taught content, undertake research and complete a dissertation project. You’ll receive support from your Dialogic Learning Groups (DLGs) and dissertation supervision from one of our faculty members.
Course contact details
- Juliet Batchelor