Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
About Rose Bruford College
Rose Bruford College offers a world-leading portfolio of postgraduate programmes for actors, theatre makers, actor musicians, choreographers, writers, directors, technicians and designers which combines exceptional teaching and practice-based research. There is a wealth of opportunity to practise, reflect and study with leading professional tutors, working practitioners and theatre artists from around the world, united in a shared passion for performance and theatre making.
- MA/MFA Actor Musicianship
- MA/MFA Actor Performer Training
- MA/MFA Collaborative Theatre Making
- MA Devised Theatre and Performance and MFA Advanced Devising Practice (at arthaus.berlin)
- MA/MFA International Theatre Practice and Performance
- MA/MFA Theatre for Young Audiences
- MA Light in Performance
- Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Theatre and Performing Arts
- MPhil/PhD Research Degree Programme in collaboration with the University of East London
- MA/MFA Contemporary Directing Practice
- MA/MFA Integral Movement and Performance Practice
A number of other new and exciting postgraduate programmes are currently in development.
We also provide an online Theatre Studies BA (Hons) programme, with part time and full time routes, which is very popular with students of all ages.
We hold webinars throughout the year where tutors and our Student Recruitment and Admissions teams provide a detailed overview of the courses and admissions process. Our webinars also include time to answer any questions you may have about your application, interview/audition and accommodation etc. Please click here for our schedule and to register.
Our Global Community
We welcome students from around the world for both BA and MA/MFA degree study in performance, design, management and technical arts and short-term courses, summer schools and foundation diplomas. We use theatre training to help build global communities and relationships. We currently have students of 49 different nationalities enrolled at the College.
Rose Bruford College collaborates with a global network of institutions, theatre companies and practitioners providing our postgraduate students with the opportunity to develop their training, practical research and professional development at international organisations who share the same ethos of ‘autonomy of practice’ for professional performers.
Programmes in London are either based in Rose Bruford College’s beautiful parkland campus in Kent or in Lewisham with easy access to the vibrant theatrical life of London. London-based programmes offer the opportunity to train with world-leading UK and European teachers and companies.
MA/MFA Devised Theatre and Performance and Advanced Devising Practice is delivered at arthaus.berlin. MA/MFA International Theatre Practice and Performance is delivered in London and National Theater Institute (NTI), Connecticut.
Our International Guide provides advice for prospective international students, including Student Visa information.
Please visit each programme page on our website.
- MA/MFA Acting programmes – you will need a degree or relevant professional experience. It is not necessary to hold an acting degree.
- MA Light in Performance - this programme is for graduates who have studied relevant subjects such as lighting design, technical theatre or drama, or for those with relevant professional experience as a performance maker, such as a director, technician, designer, choreographer, artist or performer.
English Language Requirements
Please see our website for details.
How to apply
Please visit our website to download our application form.
For October 2021 entry to the Actor and Performer Training MA/MFA apply by 1 April 2021.
For September/October 2021 entry for all other MA/MFA courses apply by 1 June 2021.
All auditions will be online until further notice and will be free of charge.
We have our own halls of residence, which is a seven minute walk from our Sidcup campus.
Services and Facilities
The following services and facilities are based at our Sidcup campus: