About Rose Bruford College
Rose Bruford College offers a world-leading portfolio of postgraduate courses for actors, theatre makers, actor musicians, choreographers, writers, directors, technicians and designers which combines exceptional teaching and practice-based research. There is a wealth of opportunity to practise, reflect and study with leading professional tutors, working practitioners and theatre artists from around the world, united in a shared passion for performance and theatre making.
- Actor Musicianship MA/MFA
- Actor Performer Training MA/MFA
- Collaborative Theatre Making MFA
- Contemporary Directing Practice MA/MFA
- Devised Theatre and Performance MA and Advanced Devising Practice (at arthaus.berlin) MFA
- Integral Movement and Performance Practice (at arthaus.berlin) MA/MFA
- International Theatre Practice and Performance MFA
- Light in Performance MA
- Queer Performance MA
- Research Degree in collaboration with the University of East London MPhil/PhD
- Theatre for Young Audiences MA/MFA
We hold webinars throughout the year where tutors and our Student Recruitment and Admissions teams provide a detailed overview of the courses and admissions process. Our webinars also include time to answer any questions you may have about your application, interview/audition and accommodation etc. Please click here for our schedule and to register.
Our Global Community
We welcome students from around the world for both BA and MA/MFA degree study in performance, design, management and technical arts and short-term courses, summer schools and foundation diplomas. We use theatre training to help build global communities and relationships. We currently have students of over 25 different nationalities enrolled at the College.
Rose Bruford College collaborates with a global network of institutions, theatre companies and practitioners providing our postgraduate students with the opportunity to develop their training, practical research and professional development at international organisations who share the same ethos of ‘autonomy of practice’ for professional performers.
Courses in London are based at Rose Bruford College’s beautiful parkland campus in Sidcup with easy access to the vibrant theatrical life of London. London-based programmes offer the opportunity to train with world-leading UK and European teachers and companies.
Devised Theatre and Performance MA, Advanced Devising Practice MFA and Integral Movement and Performance Practice MA/MFA are delivered at arthaus.berlin. MFA International Theatre Practice and Performance is delivered in London and at the National Theater Institute (NTI), Connecticut.
Our International Guide provides advice for prospective international students, including Student Visa information.
Please visit each programme page on our website.
- MA/MFA courses: Applicants for Masters Programmes will be expected to have a good undergraduate degree in a related subject area. The College also encourages applications from those without formal qualifications who may be accepted on the basis of professional experience.
- MA Light in Performance - this course is for graduates who have studied relevant subjects such as lighting design, technical theatre or drama, or for those with relevant professional experience as a performance maker, such as a director, technician, designer, choreographer, artist or performer.
English Language Requirements
Please see our website for details.
How to apply
Please complete the application form on our website.
We have our own halls of residence, which is a seven minute walk from our Sidcup campus and a 25 minute train ride from Central London.
Services and Facilities
The following services and facilities are based at our Sidcup campus: