Students should have achieved a high-quality first degree in architecture (RIBA Part I) or an international equivalent degree or higher, and should have at least one year’s work experience in a design office.
Months of entry
Architecture at the RCA sets out to inspire design innovation. The programme expands the possibilities of architecture and its agency in the world by encouraging a speculative, independent and critical ethos among its students. The two-year long programme conceives of architecture as a diverse and complex set of practices that move beyond traditional distinctions and limits in the field. A radical and innovative approach to pedagogy and research, as well as a commitment to an open-minded, experimental studio culture, sets the RCA apart.
Teaching in the MA programme revolves around the Architectural Design Studio. Each ADS is understood as a platform for design research organised around important global challenges and opportunities such as ecology, housing, urbanism, mobility and manufacturing.
The programme offers:
- an intensive series of seminars, lectures, workshops and symposia that cultivate new and experimental approaches to the discipline
- an ideal environment for students looking to develop a distinctive voice in the field
- the opportunity to present your work to the profession and the general public at the graduate show
- a unique chance to collaborate with future leaders in other art and design disciplines including photography, sculpture, visual communications and animation
Fees and funding
Learn more at the funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
Although the majority of students enter the department having gained RIBA Part I, unusually the course is also open to students with a BA in Interiors.
Course contact details