- have a good level of English language
- be 18 years or over
Months of entry
The Contemporary Art Summer School at the Royal College of Art examines the rich array of positions, methods and materials that artists use, as well as exploring the questions raised by contemporary art and its production.
This three-week, studio-based short course provides a supportive environment for independent practice and introduces participants to the study of contemporary art in London, one of the world’s most creative cities.
Taught by Royal College of Art staff and supported by a broad range of prominent artists, academics, critics and curators the course provides participants with the opportunity to develop their practice within an interdisciplinary, collaborative atmosphere.
The 2019 list of speakers is to be announced. In previous years, the RCA Academic Staff & Visiting Lecturers have included Tai Shani, Dr Chantal Faust, Professor Olivier Richon, Professor Johnny Golding, Associate Professor Oreet Ashery, Amir George and David Burrows.
How and what will I learn?
- expand your practice and knowledge through workshops, lectures, film screenings and access to the extensive RCA library
- present your work to RCA staff, visiting artists, academics, art professionals in a professional and diverse environment
- receive feedback and practical advice from RCA staff and experts in contemporary art
- get dedicated time for independent study in your own studio space (in Royal College of Art studios)
- benefit from professional technical support to develop your practice
- visit museums and galleries in London with experts in the field of contemporary art
- immerse yourself in a multidisciplinary environment
- meet artists from all over the world.
- develop your work under the supervision of a Royal College of Art academic lead
- have a studio-based exhibition at the RCA, including final feedback from members of staff.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for practising artists who wish to develop their own personal and professional fine-art practice in a world-leading environment.
Qualification and course duration
Certificate of Participation
Course contact details
- RCA Short Courses