Months of entry
Learn how to apply creative thinking and strategic design thinking principles to the future of work and workplace, enabling you to address hybrid and flexible working with new tools and frameworks, delivered live online.
Led by Jeremy Myerson, RCA Professor Emeritus in design and WORKTECH Academy’s co-founder and director, this executive masterclass will equip you with the tools and frameworks to navigate change right across all aspects of the workplace – from rethinking the purpose of the office to meeting sustainable goals and supporting the mental health of remote workers.
The world of work and workplace is undergoing its most significant transformation for decades in the aftermath of the global pandemic - people, place and technology are all facing change.
This interactive live online masterclass will demonstrate how to use creative thinking and design thinking principles to create new strategies and ideas in the emerging era of hybrid working. At a time when every organisation and every worker is grappling with the implications of the new world of work, this short course will give you a comprehensive methodology to ask the right questions and shape the right solutions.
This unique short course will combine the Royal College of Art’s in-depth knowledge of design thinking with the cutting-edge expertise of WORKTECH Academy, the world’s leading knowledge platform and membership club exploring the future of work. Industry experts will join the masterclass to guide projects and share current practice and case studies.
The Royal College of Art is expert in advancing people-centred creativity and innovation in a rapid design process to meet social and economic goals. In the context of new ways of working, this approach has the potential to be highly successful in reframing problems around the real needs of people - not technology for its own sake. The process is not scientifically neutral – it involves showing empathy and engagement with the lived experience of employees. It also means resolving the contradictions between the real world of barriers and constraints and the abstract world of imagination and creative ideas. This masterclass will provide the tools and frameworks to bridge this divide.
Personal and organisational benefits
Benefits to you and your organisation include:
- Access global best practice and research in design thinking and the future of work
- Understanding of creative thinking and strategic design thinking principles as applied to emerging challenges around the future of work and workplace
- A new model to reframe future-of-work projects through a design-led, human-centric lens
- Empathic understanding of workers both office-based and hybrid/remote
- Return to your organisation with new techniques and strategies to put into practice
- Experience critical, creative and insightful thinking
- Practice ideation and visualisation skills to realise solutions
- Interact and experience working collaboratively with an international network with peers
- Certificate of online attendance
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- Certificate of Participation
- part time0.15 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Executive Education