Candidates for all MA courses are assessed on their existing qualities as demonstrated in their work and in their interview, as well as on their potential to benefit from the programme and to achieve MA standards overall. The assessment will consider: creativity, imagination and innovation evident in the work; ability to articulate the intentions of the work; intellectual engagement in relevant areas; appropriate technical skills; overall interview performance, including oral use of English.
Learn more at the entry requirements page.
Months of entry
MA Fashion Menswear at the RCA looks for and encourages a fearless approach to creative expression, fanatical technique and an informed outlook. The focus is towards strengthening this spirit of exploration through unique expertise and a polymathic debate with modern global awareness. We further encourage a strong work ethic across a broad variety of personally driven, industry-oriented and cross-programme design projects.
The realisation of individuality within a global design context is enabled through our excellent links with practising designers, international fashion houses, cross-programme relations and a dedicated staff team.
New ideas, materials, methods and design applications are continually originated and progressed by our MA, MPhil and PhD students. Fashion Menswear staff endeavour to create a course environment directed towards this creative self-discovery, one that offers each student both the conceptual tutelage and technical guidance to achieve their 3D design objectives.
The programme offers:
- an environment geared towards creating: designer/ makers who drive their discipline forward through strong personal vision and a passionate commitment
- one-on-one tutorials developing vibrant intellectual debate about the work and ambition
- a curriculum designed to develop self confidence by balancing creative expression, technical excellence, communication and professionalism
- excellent technical facilities and vibrant, dedicated studio space and workshops
- a constantly evolving range of visiting lecturers from all facets of the fashion industry: key players at the vanguard of their disciplines
- active encouragement and facilitation of College-wide interdisciplinary investigation
- opportunities for project collaborations with international corporations, companies and fashion houses
- opportunities for representation in major exhibitions and competitions
- we maintain excellent graduate destinations, including: Adidas, Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Burberry, Celine, Gucci, Givenchy, Lanvin, Loewe, Louis Vuitton, Nike and Rapha
Fees and funding
Learn more at the fees and funding page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Fashion Menswear
- +44 (0)20 7590 4274