Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants must have completed or be in the final year of a first degree in an art and design or a related subject. You will need a proven commitment to the discipline, with a high level of self-motivation and evidence of independent study. You should possess a high standard of illustrative skills and understanding of 3D form.
Applications for the 2021 are open now. Visit the RCA website from this date for details.
Months of entry
Study at the World's number one ranked art and design university for six consecutive years (2015-2020) in the QS World University Subject Rankings.
The programme offers:
- a strong tutor team with diverse and high-level practitioner experience
- varied creative and cultural backgrounds within the MA specialisms
- close ties to the Intelligent Mobility Lab, a new multidisciplinary research centre
- extensive industrial relationships through sponsored projects, internships, portfolio reviews, trips and bursaries/awards. Recent collaborations have been with organisations including: Audi, Bentley, Citroen, Hitachi Rail Europe, Jaguar, Kia, EXA (aerodynamic software), Sabic and TATA
- close relationships with other RCA programmes, including Fashion, Textiles, Sculpture and Innovation Design Engineering
- a west-London location at the heart of a uniquely diverse vehicle, design and cultural environment
- alumni in numerous top design positions globally
Information for international students
Candidates who do speak English as their first language are required to produce evidence that within the previous two years they have achieved at least 93 in the TOEFL internet test with an additional writing test score of TWE 24 or an IELTS exam score of 6.5 with 6 in writing.
Fees and funding
Learn more at the fees and funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time15 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- RCA Student Recruitment