- You are generally expected to have a good undergraduate / BA degree from an Arts or Humanities background
- If your undergraduate degree is not Arts or Humanities-based you should be able to articulate its relevance, or how it informs your aim to study Curating Contemporary Art
- You can demonstrate an active interest in contemporary art and its presentation and mediation
- You have some practical experience of working within the visual arts or cultural sector that is relevant to the field of curatorial practice
Months of entry
Established 25 years ago, the MA Curating Contemporary Art (CCA) programme is recognised both as an international leader in its field and for its commitment to collaborative group project-based work that integrates theory and practice throughout the two years of the curriculum.
The CCA programme approaches the field critically, theoretically and through best practice in commissioning, curating, and programming with London-based and national arts organisations and spaces ensuring that the knowledge and understanding of these practices is grounded in the context of public audiences, urbanisation and the digital. In the increasingly complex cultural environment in which curating takes place, our research-led and practice-led teaching by staff and visiting tutors ensures the curatorial and artistic significance, intellectual value and critical vitality of the MA programme.
Curating Contemporary Art is a two-year, full-time 240-credit ‘enhanced’ RCA MA that runs from September 2017 – June 2019. From 2017, the programme is primarily located in the RCA's newest facilities in White City.
The programme offers:
- Practice-based learning and research-led teaching
- Collaborative learning and research through project-based work
- Graduate Project with external high-profile partners
- International nature and value of peer-led learning
- Responsiveness to shifts in artistic and curatorial concerns
- Professional development
- Independent dissertation
Fees and funding
Learn more at the funding page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details