First or 2:1 honours degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline. Mature entrants from industry considered.
Months of entry
You’ll study in a department renowned for the quality of its research publications, with the Royal Holloway Department of Computer Science ranked 11th in the UK (Research Excellence Framework 2014). You’ll specialise in one of six research areas as you work towards your own unique individual project, studying under the guidance of an expert in your chosen field.
Strong graduates with a Computer Science background and students with professional experience will gain advanced, research-specific skills and academic knowledge to take forward into further study or their graduate careers. You’ll become a part of a lively research culture and a highly supportive staff network.
The Royal Holloway Department of Computer Science benefits from close proximity to the M4 corridor – also known as ‘England’s Silicon Valley’ – providing students with excellent networking, placement and collaboration opportunities. Follow your passion for Computer Science and graduate with a bright future in research.
- Study in a highly-regarded department, ranked 11th in the UK for the quality of its research publications (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
- Select from six research disciplines, each led by expert academics.
- Benefit from strong industry ties, with close proximity to ‘England’s Silicon Valley’.
- Graduate with a Masters degree by research offering excellent graduate employability prospects.
- Tailor your learning with a wide range of engaging optional modules.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written/ formal examinations||13|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||12|
Course contact details
- Dr Anders Yeo
- 01784 443432
- 01784 439786