UK 2:2 (Honours) or equivalent, in Biology, Biochemistry or a related discipline. However, individual supervisors might request a higher degree classification.
English language requirements
IELTS 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in all other subscores
Months of entry
Refine your research skills and develop advanced scientific and technical expertise with a one-year Masters by Research programme in Biological Sciences.
Choose your preferred research area from Biomedical Sciences, Plant Molecular Sciences and Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour to learn alongside academic staff working at the frontiers of knowledge in their particular fields.
You’ll contribute to a renowned research culture, with Royal Holloway, University of London School of Biological Sciences ranked 25th in the UK for influential research output by the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.
Study in our state-of-the-art laboratories, providing advanced equipment for bioinformatics, mass spectrometry and protein and gene sequencing. You’ll have access to on-site woodland and meadow field testing facilities, and our campus is within easy reach of sites of special scientific interest, including Windsor Great Park, Box Hill and Chobham Common.
Gain the generic skills and hands-on experience you need to continue into further study as a PhD student, or progress towards a research career in a variety of different sectors.
- Develop research skills to progress to further study at PhD level or a research career in a variety of sectors.
- Take part in world-class research led by renowned academics, with 76% of our Biological Sciences research ranked world-leading and internationally excellent. (REF 2014)
- Use our state-of-the-art facilities, with £16 million recently invested in equipment for bioinformatics, mass spectrometry and protein and gene sequencing.
- Study on a biodiverse campus with on-site woodland and meadow field testing facilities, within reach of sites of special scientific interest including Windsor Great Park and Box Hill.
- Choose from three areas of research: Biomedical Sciences, Plant Molecular Sciences and Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour.
Qualification and course duration
MSc by research
Course contact details
- Tracey Jeffries
- +44 (0)1784 443559