We use a matrix of admissions criteria to indicate which students are ready to undertake our MBA. This informs us so we can select successful students who will make up a vibrant and diverse group.
- Academic: Undergraduate degree in any discipline or recognised academic or professional equivalent. Individuals who do not meet this requirement, but who possess extensive management experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Work experience: Minimum of three years' relevant work experience. This is normally expected to be post-study.
- Motivation: The MBA is a significant commitment. We need to know you have thought about the implications of studying an intensive 12-month programme. A personal statement (750 words maximum) within your application form.
- English proficiency: Applicants whose first language is not English are expected to meet our requirements for English language proficiency
English language requirements
IELTS 7.0 overall with 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in all other subscores
Months of entry
This intensive programme is designed to help you build effective management skills, understand management within the global context and develop a network of international associates. You will gain detailed knowledge relating to problems of management in different contexts, using conceptual tools for analysing management in the private or public sector and it will provide you with critical awareness of research methodologies.
As a member of the School of Management you will join an intellectually stimulating, friendly and supportive research environment and, through working closely with our expert and experienced academic staff, you will be in a position to realise your full potential.
- Career planning and development is an integral part of our MBA. You will have continual access to individual careers coaching, up-to-date job market information and skills workshops.
- Our MBA Corporate Speakers are business leaders from a wide range of sectors including HSBC, Nomura, Xero, Microsoft, DHL, Continental, Reuters, Capital One and Cap Gemini.
- Real industry involvement means you will work as part of a team providing companies with recommendation on real business situation for them to implement and benefit from.
- International MBA Study Tour will see you spend five days abroad at another university attending academic lectures, engaging with other students and visiting companies to gain a broader insight into international business and culture.
- Inspiring international community with 60% of our Management students come from overseas, our international student cohort, from a wide range of business backgrounds, will provide you with excellent network opportunities globally.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Programme Coordinator
- +44 (0)1784 276134