Please see our website for full details.
Months of entry
The course offers training in performance to a professional level, experience of recording, highly-developed skills in instrumental teaching, and equips you with the knowledge and materials necessary for self-promotion in the music profession.
The programme has 5 main components:
1. Principal Study tuition: which consists of intensive one-to-one tuition, masterclasses, group classes, lectures and workshops. This solo performance component equips students with the breadth and depth of musical experience required for a career as a professional instrumentalist, singer or collaborative pianist.
2. Recording project: which provides students with intensive practical knowledge of the recording industry and the recording session environment. Students will collaborate with professional producers to make a demonstration recording showcasing their work. Teaching is delivered through lectures, masterclasses, team teaching and one-to-one tutorials.
3. Repertoire Studies: where students discuss and analyse the literature and practice of past and current performers, using recordings, DVDs, and other media. Tuition consists of repertoire lectures, individual tutorials, workshops and observations.
4. Practical pedagogy: has been devised in collaboration with the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) and provides vocational training for developing the skills essential for a career in instrumental/vocal music teaching. Students will be taught the necessary methodologies and strategies and expected to apply these to their own teaching practice.
5. Options: where students will select one subject from a range of practical options such as accompaniment, chamber music, orchestral experience/audition, and operatic excerpts.
Information for international students
Please visit the International pages of our website.
Fees and funding
A number of entrance awards and scholarships are available and offered to applicants who demonstrate outstanding ability and potential at audition. Please see our website for further details.
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
The Master of Performance degree provides students with advanced musical training in the practical skills essential for a career as a professional performer.
Course contact details
- +44 (0)161 907 5337