1) A veterinary degree registrable with the RCVS Candidates must demonstrate at least 2 years work experience and currently work in the veterinary sector. They must also have identified a work-place supervisor. Subject to the discretion of the Programme Director, applicants with other prior equivalent experience may be considered. Candidates possessing a European/American/ RCVS Diploma or an MVetMed may enter through the alternate entry route and begin the course with Foundations of Professionalism. Candidates are required to have access to a computer and a broadband internet connection.
Professional Doctorate in Agriculture and Food (DAgriFood)
Months of entry
January, June, September
Course contentThe Professional Doctorate in Veterinary Practice aims to offer veterinary employed professionals with the opportunity to develop their professional roles and to implement an independent programme of research within the workplace. The Professional Doctorate in Veterinary Practice programme is structured to deliver the opportunity to acquire advanced research skills and taught knowledge, with the central concept of critical professionalism.
The course offers opportunities for candidates to achieve and demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
* Critical evaluation and dissemination of information from a variety of sources to develop understanding and make decisions
* Collaboration with experts and policy makers across a wide range of disciplines and organisations
* Designing and executing an independent research project or portfolio of research
* Effective and scientifically rigorous communication of scientific information and experimental conclusions in oral and written formats
* Managing human, financial and physical resources as appropriate to achieve project aims
* Monitoring of own learning and development to identify learning needs and to plan and manage their acquisition
* Reflective and self-critical approach to research and professional development
* Professional and intellectual skills to deliver leadership, inspiration and motivation of others
Information for international students
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of proficiency. They will be required to achieve an overall score of 7.0 in IELTS with a minimum of 6.5 in each sub-test; or TOEFL score of at least 93 (internet-based test with no element below 23).
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- RVC Graduate School
- +44 (0) 20 7468 5134